Early Childhood Teachers (Part-Time & Full-Time)
About Cornerstone Center for Early Learning
Since 1969, Cornerstone Center for Early Learning has provided quality, comprehensive, and affordable child care and pre-school education in a nurturing, creative environment for St. Louis-area families of all economic backgrounds. As a licensed and accredited early learning center, Cornerstone serves children ages 6 weeks to kindergarten entry and is located in the Historic Shaw District in South St. Louis City. A United Way agency, Cornerstone Center has achieved a reputation as an award-winning, outstanding nonprofit due to our dedication to both nurturing children and strengthening families through a wide range of educational and support services.
Cornerstone Center for Early Learning is seeking part-time and full-time early childhood teachers to join our team of educators. In this role, candidates will provide essential, high-quality child care and pre-school education through an engaging and creative curriculum to encourage healthy development. Qualified applicants will learn and follow Missouri Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers, Missouri Accreditation Standards, and Cornerstone’s policies and procedures. Instructors will plan activities and experiences consistent with developmentally appropriate practice and Creative Curriculum in order to set children up for future success.
- Plan activities and experiences consistent with developmentally appropriate practice and Creative Curriculum in order to guarantee future success for students
- Structure activities, routines, and transitions to minimize wait time for children
- Evaluate progress, needs, and interests of children on a regular basis
- Regularly provide care and education for children between the ages of six weeks to five years (specific age range depends on classroom placement)
- Understand and apply child development in all areas of curriculum, environment, and interactions
- Complete at least 18 clock hours of approved training annually
- Complete first aid/CPR class and Health & Safety Training within three months of hire and renew certification as required
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and/or in-services
- A minimum of nine college credit hours in Early Childhood Education or a valid CDA
- Candidates must also be energetic, patient, and creative; be passionate about learning and children; have the ability to multitask; and have the ability to communicate and work well with others as part of a team
- The schedule for full-time faculty varies. Current schedules available include 7am-3pm, 7:15am-4:15pm, 7:30am-4:30pm, or 7:45am-4:45pm
- Ability to provide or obtain a recent physical examination
- Ability to provide or obtain Hep A Vaccination
- Ability to provide or obtain Covid-19 Vaccination
- Ability to provide or obtain a recent TB Test
- Must pass an FBI Fingerprint Background Check
- An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Family and Child Development, or other related fields is preferred
- As hiring new teachers is a current priority, our preferred start date is within 14-30 days
Benefits for Employees (Full and Part Time)
- Competitive salary based on education and experience (for full and part time)
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance (for full time)
- Retirement and life insurance (for full time)
- Short-term and long-term disability (for full time)
- Paid vacation and sick time (for full and part time)
- Guaranteed hours regardless of a days enrollment (for full and part time)
- Professional development and training paid for by the center (for full and part time)
- Breakfast, lunch and snack served family-style at meal times with students (for full and part time. Staff may eat any meals they are present for.)
- Highly discounted child care assistance for employees
Cornerstone is located near Highway 44 and Grand Boulevard and is easily accessible by public transportation routes. Early childhood teachers will have access to a classroom space, a playground, a garden, and more outdoor spaces surrounding the building within the neighborhood. In addition, teachers will also have access to a second administrative building with a kitchenette, a separate bathroom, and a break room.
In order to adhere to COVID-19 requirements, we are operating at lower capacity than usual and enforcing many social distancing practices such as mask-wearing, limited classroom capacity, prohibiting cross-classroom interactions, and regular sanitization procedures. In line with St. Louis mask mandate regulations, children below the age of 5 are not required to wear masks. However, each child undergoes a daily temperature check during a carefully staggered morning drop-off procedure and does not come into contact with children outside their respective classroom.
If you are interested, please submit your resume to our Center Director, Toni Jackson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.