Celebration for Children
Join us for Cornerstone’s biggest event of the year!
On Saturday, September 18, Cornerstone Center for Early Learning will host our 27th annual Celebration for Children fundraising evening. Guests (adults only) will have the opportunity to enjoy a twilight stroll through our historic Shaw-neighborhood campus from 5:30-8:30 p.m. As part of the experience, we are planning elements that bring together local food, creative libations, musical entertainment, and an immersive look at the developmental milestones of Cornerstone. (Guests will also have the option to participate virtually if they prefer.)
Our theme this year is roots: After over 50 years of service to children and families here in St. Louis, our roots in this community run deep and our branches reach for the stars! Funds raised will provide direct impact and immediate benefit for St. Louis-area children and families.
With safety in mind, this is an outdoor event. We encourage attendees, especially anyone who is unvaccinated, to maintain social distance or wear a mask.
Why should I participate?
By participating, you are helping at-risk infants, toddlers and preschool-age children receive the strong start they need to enter kindergarten on track with their peers.
You are helping Cornerstone provide parents with the support to better their financial situation by attending school or work with the knowledge that their children are safe and cared for.
Over half of Cornerstone families have incomes under $30,000 per year. Celebration for Children supports Cornerstone’s work providing full-service, full-day, year-round early-childhood care and education including meals, supplies, developmental therapies, health screenings and more.
How can I help?
Share Your TIME
- Join our planning committee and be a part of the team that makes it all happen. Click here to receive an invitation to our next meeting.
- Spread the word among family and friends. Let them know that Cornerstone would love their help!
Share Your TALENT
- Do people rave about your cooking? Donate a private cooking lesson to our auction. Enjoy painting or drawing? Submit a work of art. Run your own farm? Offer up a tour. If you have a special skill, we’d appreciate your sharing it with us to help raise vital funds as an item in our auction. Click here to submit your item through our online form.
Share Your TREASURE
- Own a vacation home? Donate a stay as an item for our auction.
- Make a monetary donation. Every dollar counts.
- Become a Celebration for Children Partner. One hundred percent of your partnership (aka sponsorship) donation goes to helping St. Louis-area children and families and 100% is tax deductible. Finalize your sponsorship here or email Development Director Dani Smith at email@example.com for more information.
And last but not least, be a part of the event on September 18. Purchase raffle tickets, bid on auction items, and contribute to our Fund-a-Need on our virtual platform, and/or attend the in-person event! Click here to reserve your spot.
Dani Smith, Director of Development
Thank you to our Celebration for Children Planning Committee:
Co-Chair | Robin Baima, Carrollton Bank
Co-Chair | Tammy Schmaeng, Centene Corporation
Chris Brown, Missouri Circuit Court
Maggie Gallagher, Community Volunteer
Claryssa Haugrud, Express Scripts
Felisa Javier-Holt, Community Volunteer
Kam Johnson, Wells Fargo Advisors
Kate Ledden, United States District Court
Kate Maxson, HOK Group
Anne May, Community Volunteer
Marsha McGuire, SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Kathy Odenwald, Community Volunteer
Stephen Odenwald, Community Volunteer
Carmin Pruitt, Centene Corporation
Sally Torbitzky, Washington University School of Medicine
And to our 27th Annual Celebration for Children sponsors:
Patty and Steve Ackerman
Raymond and Laurie Van de Riet
GRAPHIC DESIGN SPONSOR
Dr. Myron & Mrs. Randee Jacobs
Metro East Industries Inc.
West End Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center
World Wide Technology