Early Childhood Teachers (Full and Part Time)
Cornerstone Center for Early Learning is seeking part-time and full-time early childhood teachers to join our team of educators. In this role, candidates will provide essential, high-quality child care and preschool education through an engaging and Creative Curriculum to encourage healthy development. Qualified applicants will learn and follow Missouri Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers, Missouri Accreditation Standards, and Cornerstone’s policies and procedures. Educators will plan activities and experiences consistent with developmentally appropriate practice and Creative Curriculum in order to set children up for future success.
Pay and Benefits (Full and Part Time)
- Competitive salary based on education and experience (click here to see full pay scale)
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance (FT)
- Retirement and life insurance (FT)
- Short-term and long-term disability (FT)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Guaranteed hours regardless of a days enrollment
- Professional development and training paid for by the center
- Breakfast, lunch and snack while present
- Discounted child care assistance for employees
- Plan activities and experiences consistent with developmentally appropriate practice and Creative Curriculum in order to guarantee future success for students
- Structure activities, routines, and transitions to minimize wait time for children
- Evaluate progress, needs, and interests of children on a regular basis
- Regularly provide care and education for children between the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years (specific age range depends on classroom placement)
- Understand and apply child development in all areas of curriculum, environment, and interactions
- Complete at least 18 clock hours of Missouri approved training annually
- Complete first aid/CPR class and Health & Safety Training within three months of hire and renew certification as required
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and/or in-services
- A minimum of 6 college credit hours (in any subject)
- Candidates must also be energetic, patient, and creative; be passionate about learning and children; have the ability to multitask; and have the ability to communicate and work well with others as part of a team
- The schedule for full-time faculty varies.
- Ability to provide or obtain:
- a recent physical examination
- Hep A Vaccination
- Covid-19 Vaccination
- a recent TB Test
- Must pass an FBI Fingerprint Background Check
- A valid Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential OR 9+ college credit hours in early childhood education, child development, youth development, or child/family related courses
- As hiring new teachers is a current priority, our preferred start date is within 14-30 days
Cornerstone is located near Highway 44 and Grand Boulevard and is easily accessible by public transportation routes. Early childhood teachers have access to an indoor classroom, a certified outdoor classroom, a community garden, and more. In addition, teachers have access to an administrative building with a work space, a kitchenette and a break room.
If you are interested, please submit your resume to our Executive Director, Karen Lucy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Success Specialist VISTA
Cornerstone Center for Early Learning is seeking a Family Success Specialist VISTA to build relationships with families while developing and implementing a family support program which supports ancillary services for Cornerstone families and connects families to community resources. The program will provide information and resource referrals to community members (mostly 63110, 63116, 63118 zip codes) to support families with access to education, health services, employment opportunities, housing and utility assistance. This program will determine family need (100% of low-income families as identified by child care subsidy eligibility, but open to all Cornerstone families), design a community resources catalog, and build a system to connect Cornerstone families to the appropriate resource.
See details and apply at the AmeriCorps VISTA site here.